Easiest Halloween Dessert Ever: Pin For Next Year!
1 - 12 oz. Package White Chocolate Morsels
1 - 12 oz. Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 Pound Whole Strawberries (About 20 Strawberries)
1. First, you want to wash your strawberries so they are nice and clean! Make sure you pat them completely dry with a paper towel before you apply any chocolate.
2. Prepare a double boiler or create your own using household supplies (I don't have an official double boiler but you definitely don't need one for this! Just take a pot filled with a small amount of water and put a glass or heat safe bowl on top. Make sure the water level is low enough so that it does not touch the bowl. You just want the steam from the boiling water to be what heats the chocolate. See here for a little more info.)
3. Once your water starts to boil, put the entire package of white chocolate morsels into the heat safe bowl. Slowly stir the chocolate as it melts and keep stirring until smooth.
5. Take hardened strawberries out of the refrigerator. Put some melted white chocolate into a plastic baggie and cut a tiny hole in one of the corners so that you can pipe small lines onto the strawberries for the "mummy effect". Put the strawberries back in the fridge for a few minutes to harden.
6. Using the same technique as steps 2 and 3, melt about 1 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Put the melted chocolate into a plastic baggie and again, cut a small hole in one of the corners so that you can draw the mummy faces. The smaller the hole the better for this step! Take the strawberries out of the fridge again and then pipe the faces onto them. Now you are completely done! Just set in the refrigerator for about an hour to completely harden and they are ready to eat! And scare ;)