DIY Polka Dotted Luminaries: A Tutorial

While perusing the web a few months ago, I stumbled upon this tutorial from Hey Gorgeous, the blog for DIY Tissue Covered Luminaries.

I was in love and decided that I needed to try out something like this. I went to the store and bought gray shimmery tissue paper and went to find a cute punchout and was sadly dissapointed that Wal-Mart did not carry them. If I were really dedicated I would have gone to a craft store, but it was late and I am an instant happiness kind of girl. I racked my brain for an alternative and came up with this...


White Garage Sale Pricing Stickers! Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but since it was cheap I figured it was worth a try.

Directions for creating a DIY Polka Dotted Luminary

1. Buy Avery 1/4" Round All-Purpose Labels in white (or the color of your choosing)

2. Buy a clear, round, glass vase. I got mine from Wal-Mart for $2.99, but I think they sell them at Dollar Tree for a buck.



3. Start placing the stickers in rings around the vase. I would start from the top and work your way to the bottom, that way if you need to you can fold any extra sticker under the vase. I kind of just eyeballed the sticker placement and was happy with how it turned out.


4. Keep placing more stickers... seems like it will take forever, but really took about a 30 minute tv show's worth of time. (Your dog will get really bored with you by this point.)

5. Stand back and admire the finished product!



Pretty cute if I do say so myself. I think it looks very modern and I would not think those were cheap little stickers at all! Thinking about using them for possible wedding centerpieces with yellow roses inside.





Comments

Popular Posts