Down to Business



Today I am feeling so motivated to get down to business. This is my second week working part time at work and although I love it... my procrastinating habits were starting to come out. I haven't been utilizing my new work hours to the best of my ability and unfortunately that is doing nothing but sabotaging myself! I was talking to my dad, who has been running his own business for over 20 years now, and he gave me some good advice to kick my bad habits.

Don't sleep in. This may seem easy to most, but I am sooo not a morning person. I treasure sleep. Seriously. So of course now that I have some freedom, I'm all... Yeah I'll sleep 'till 10 if I want. What of it?! When really, I am most productive if I wake around 8... so that will be my goal for my Cooper Jane Days. Wake up at 8, Ash!

Go out in the world. I have always wondered why my dad wakes up at 7:30 every morning and goes and gets coffee. He has complete freedom, why don't you sleep late, Dad?! He says that it is a mental thing. Once he is dressed and has been somewhere for the day, he can focus on working when he gets back home. I can totally see that. I am going to try and run my errands for the day first thing in the morning so that I feel ready to get down to business when I get back home.

Take your work hours seriously. Just because I can do whatever I want, doesn't mean I should do whatever I want. I went part time for a reason, so that I wouldn't have to work as much at night when I could be spending time with my husband. I am definitely going to work harder on this! Slacking off during the day is just stealing time later with Stephen. I don't want to steal from you anymore, my love!

Dads give such good advice and I'm so grateful mine is able to walk me through the ins and outs of running a small business. Thanks Dad!!

Comments

Popular Posts