Wine Tasting Party

Morning Lovelies! This past weekend, I hosted a Wine Tasting Party at my home for Stephen's 28th Birthday and I wanted to share a few photos with you! I didn't get any photos of the table with the food, but I am so happy with how the table setting turned out. While at Paper Source a couple of weeks ago I fell in love with this chevron paper table runner, but at $29.99 a roll I was a bit hesitant. After rolling it out on the buffet table for the party I have no regrets! Just love. I also brought out every piece of white serveware that I own for a clean and classic look.

I also picked up this faux wood gold candle at Anthropolgie and I think it adds the perfect bit of shine to the table. My husband was so confused by the concept of a faux wooden candle... "Wait it's not wood? It's fake wood? Does it burn? (Me: No we are not burning this thing!) What? You aren't going to burn this thing?? So basically it's a useless piece of wax? (Me: Ugh.).

The concept of the party was a wine tasting, where each person/ couple brought their favorite bottle of wine to be blindly judged. Upon arrival at the party, each guest picked up a scorecard (designed by me of course!) to write down their opinions. We kept the judging rubric simple, just comments and a score since we are not wine connoisseurs or anything.

We also covered each bottle of wine with a numbered piece of cardstock to keep everyone from knowing which wine they were tasting. At the end of the night, we totaled the scores and crowned a winner! It was so much fun getting to try so many new wines and to see who brought what. All in all, the party was a success and we can't wait to do it again next year! 

Comments

Popular Posts